From time to time, the Bank of Botswana issues guidelines to banks operating in Botswana in line with Sections 3, 8 and 9 of the Banking Act (Cap. 46:04). The guidelines provide guidance to banks on the implementation of the provisions of the Banking Act (Cap. 46:04) and thus help support good governance and instill public confidence in the banking system.
- Guidelines on Appointment of New Directors and Senior Management Officials of Banks
- Guidelines on Transactions with Related Persons
- Disclosure Framework for Deposit and Lending Interest Rates
- Guidelines on External Auditors
- Guidelines on Large Exposures
- Guidelines on the Revised International Convergence of Capital Measurement and Capital Standards
- Guidelines on Risk Management